AFES-PRESS is a non-profit international scientific society under German law which is located in Mosbach, Germany.
- AFES-PRESS members represent several scientific disciplines and come from different European countries.
- AFES-PRESS aims at research focusing both on the short-term security policy problems of Europe and on the long-term goals of a European peace order.
- Peace Research aims at scientific contributions for the realisation of the long-term goal of a peace that is more than the absence of war.
- Security policy aims at the protection of societal achievements, of democratic goals and of cultural values.
In this respect AFES-PRESS undertakes the following activities:
- Organisation of international scientific conferences;
- Conduct of scientific research projects in the areas of international relations, security and environment policy;
- Support for young scientists (by publishing their first scientific studies);
- Support for international scientific cooperation;
- Support for co-operation among peoples.